Stuck on Double Width Ladder

Amilarah
  • Pending

Put simply I found a duplicant stuck on the ladder pictured below because of the "Suffocating" notification. I watched for a while (...well only like 15 seconds I was worried about the duplicant dying.) and the duplicant was just repeatedly hopping between the left and right ladders. My guess is pathing was confused by where the nearest source of oxygen might be? Or just the fastest way up and it for some reason thought it wasn't on a ladder in between hops and tried to go to the nearest ladder resulting in an endless loop between the two. Given when duplicants tend to go up for air and how little oxygen she had left I imagine she'd been there for a while.

I did save the duplicant by giving a "Move to" order to the bottom of the right ladder and she seemed to have figured out how to actually climb after that.

Stuck on Double Ladder 1.jpgStuck on Double Ladder 2.jpg

If it helps, as per my colony name, all my duplicants are narcoleptics... which is why I only have 5 by cycle 32. :?

Steps to Reproduce
Having had a double width ladder for most of the colony's lifespan and an additional 4 cycles after the occurrence without that particular issue happening more than the once pictured here I'm not entirely sure how to reproduce it, My guess is to just have two ladders next to each other that extend towards something a duplicant needs, like Oxygen, and have them spend time below the ladder until they decide to go up it.

User Feedback

Are the doors there set to closed? Does the character have limited tasks? If the dupe has nothing to do it'll wander, so turn on all tasks to see what it does.

Share this comment

No doors were set to closed, As I have so few Duplicants they're all allowed to do everything, and I'm fairly sure that regardless of having work to do a Duplicant will try to escape to breathable air if suffocating as long as Red Alert is off. The issue as I saw it was something pathing related since she was just hopping back and forth between the ladders submerged in Co2 while trying to find oxygen.

Share this comment

I've also seen a duplicate do this. Double wide ladders with openings on both sides and a duplicate was hopping between two ladders. The duplicate was set to sweep with plenty to sweep in either opening to the left or right. Plenty of storage. Not sure if it was a pathing issue to a particular sweep job or if it was cycling 2 sweep jobs from the left and right opening. Clearing all sweep orders fixed the issue as the dupe went on to something else. 

Share this comment