Steam Deck “getpointertouchinfo failed”

Nausuada
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Closed

The game is verified, I purchased it from Epic and loaded into onto the SteamDeck. It will load but crash when I press anything on the screen. I and got an error getpointertouchinfo failed. I tried in desktop mode and it does the same thing. I have reset the Deck.

Steps to Reproduce

Click play game on steam deck

Games doesn’t start 

error getpointertouchinfo failed

User Feedback

Epic Games currently does not officially support the Steam Deck. Third party solutions such as the Heroic launcher are unsupported. The error in your player log indicates the error is inside Epic's code in handling the store interactions and their social overlay.

Note that the "Steam Deck Verified" does not mean it's verified on other stores. It specifically refers to the Steam Store's version of a game. In order for any game to be verified, developers must use Valve's coding libraries, which are not included in versions of the game from other stores.

On our Epic Games store page it states we support Windows and Mac versions only. If you recently bought the game specifically to play on Steam Deck I recommend contacting Epic to refund the game and purchasing it on Steam.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment