State change within tiles breaks tile

outseeker
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have some mesh tiles submerged in very cold polluted water.

Often when I load up the game, I notice one or more of the mesh tiles looks slightly off..

Clicking on said off-looking mesh tile reveals that instead of the polluted water being "behind it", there is instead polluted ice there. Must have been too cold, OK.

The freezing isn't really the problem though. I guess it could freeze solid within the mesh tile, but there is no way to dig it or in any other way clean it up after it does!

I can deconstruct the mesh tile, which leaves me with an empty looking tile in a broken state. It's actually supposed to be the polluted ice, but debris can drop into the tile, etc. and you can't dig it. Rebuilding the mesh tile on that tile doesn't first dig, it just builds the tile as if nothing was there and leaves the broken polluted ice inside the newly built mesh tile.

Only way to get it to "work properly" is by deconstructing the mesh tile with the broken frozen ice in it, saving the game, reloading the game and then digging the tile that was apparently corrected during load, and is now normal polluted ice. Then you can rebuild the mesh tile.. Not ideal! XD

Steps to Reproduce
Have mesh tiles in polluted water, right near the freezing point of the polluted water, with a cooling source nearby (thermo nullifier) Wait/reload (not entirely sure if the state change from liquid to frozen behind the mesh tile happens during the simulation, or after a save/load tbh) When the polluted water becomes solid within the mesh tile, the tile is bugged and doesn't act correctly. You can't dig it, and deconstructing the mesh tile leaves you with a broken tile that looks and acts empty, but is actually full of polluted ice (save and reload corrects the tile to be a solid polluted ice tile)
  • Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.