Starting Crash after the first use.

MrTitus
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello, 

First I'm french so I apologize for the mistakes. When I launch the game, after a complete reset of my laptop, it works. Then, when I launch it a second time, a third time, etc.., it's crashing at the very beginning. There is a black screen with music and the tiny window with the Crash Error. It's repeating like that again and again after the first launch.

I didn't see any problem like mine, so I'm sorry if there is one. 

There are the crash files.

Thanks.

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Reset the computer. Launch a first time. Close the game. Then launch again, it's crashing.

User Feedback

17 hours ago, Kabrute said:

This looks like windows is crashing your nvidia driver

Awh, okay, thanks. Do you know how can I fix this ?

Edited by MrTitus

Share this comment

There are a couple things you can try,  first update your Direct X and your nvidia driver if you can.  Disable your steam ingame overlay as this seems to be part of the crash.    Adjust your scaling to No Scaling(last resort.) 4 different spots it points back at steam, but then blames nvidia.... o.o

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

I don't mean to necro an old thread but I just want to share an update for anyone that comes across this issue from Google.

I found this issue by searching on Google after having the problem of ONI working only the first time it was launched, I had to reboot the entire system to make it work again. It just froze at the very beginning of the menu after the Klei logo. @Kabrute made me realize I had overlays active, especially the NVIDIA one. Disabling the overlay and the scaling from GeForce Experience completely solved it!

image.thumb.png.3b87f5e240ce69306c904d6fe079ea55.png

I don't know if it can be disabled just for ONI but I'm not using it anyways. Thank you!

Share this comment