Startindex cannot be larger than length of string.

joystar
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

In send box mod when type long word in index box for the create something new. game was shutting down. Maybe word length is not enough.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

here is the crash log below.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex

System.String.Substring (System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.InputField.Append (System.Char input) (at <0b23117e1c7442f8b1842fe2f3bf6fcb>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.InputField.KeyPressed (UnityEngine.Event evt) (at <0b23117e1c7442f8b1842fe2f3bf6fcb>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.InputField.OnUpdateSelected (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <0b23117e1c7442f8b1842fe2f3bf6fcb>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IUpdateSelectedHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <0b23117e1c7442f8b1842fe2f3bf6fcb>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <0b23117e1c7442f8b1842fe2f3bf6fcb>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Build: U44-537329-V

Steps to Reproduce

First time type was ok (No matter long or short word) but when I choose something and next time type long word then game was shutting down.

User Feedback

Thank you for submitting this bug. I have seen this error reported using our in game crash reporter but had no way to ask further questions. It appears to only happens to players with a Korean operating system. I have installed Korean as a system language on my computer but I cannot reproduce the bug.

Could you share screenshots or a video of you reproducing the bug? What text did you type?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment