Spore infected dupes strangely interact with water

DuraLex
  • Pending

Hi there!

I have two waterlocks at the bottom of my base, which never failed me once.

One cycle I noticed that all the devil gases of the outside went in, and the cause of this was finally found in the breach of the waterlock.

Nothing that could manually consume water is present in my base, plus the issue wasnt the lack of water by itself, but that a tile from the structure was missing due to the cracks that high pressurized water would make, causing the lock to flow away.

So I loaded an autosave and watched it for some cycles, when a Dupe infected with The Spores went through it.

He kind of brought the water with him, like if the liquid got attached to him, and when he passed by (maybe) all the water went at its place, but with a total different pressure, which once again broke the tile. In a stable condition my waterlocks have 73.5kg of water in the three upper tiles, 1000kg in the bottom one. After the hastely segregated dupe went through it, the broke one had 1150+kg of water in the single bottom tile, that's what I mean with pressure.

The bug report is obviously about the interaction between spore infected Dupes and water, the waterlock fairytale is to reproduce how did i get the water behaviour.

2017-03-05 02_00_38-Oxygen Not Included.png

EDIT: I had another spore infected. The oddity occurs when the Dupe come out of the water. If you send the guy at the bottom of a shallow water pool (5-6 tile high), when he emerges there will be a bubble of vacuum following his path to the surface. I still wasn't able to determinate if this destroy the water or just wildly moves it.

I haven't tested this on contaminated water.

Steps to Reproduce
Make a spore infected Dupe hang around (inside) water. If nothing strange happens build a waterlock like the one showed in picture and make him go through. Something strange WILL happen. Edit: Make the Dupe go in a 5-6 tile high clean water pool. Watch the water behaviour when he comes out.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.