Spaced Out Colonies Created before 'Whatta Blast' update are now experiencing meteor showers.

bmr
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Colonies created in Spaced Out DLC before 'Whatta Blast' update are now getting meteor showers.

Colonies were designed and created without the need for meteor protection (except regolith asteroid).

Meteors are showing up in the starmap as unidentified objects. There are currently three: two are headed for the regolith asteroid, which is presumably a new representation of previous behaviour. but the third is headed for the gassy moo asteroid which is new.

New content should not affect old save games.

Steps to Reproduce

Load a DLC save game created before 'Whatta Blast' update and wait for meteors to appear.

User Feedback

Odd, they're not supposed to get them (which is why there's a mod that someone wrote to turn them on for old saves.)

But I loaded a save I haven't touched in ages, and after a short period of a couple of cycles, I did suddenly see the streaks in the background that indicated that a meteor season had started. No actual meteors fell though, curiously enough, but I haven't spent much time on the save. (See the image attached, if you look closely you can see the white streaks, this is a colony I stopped playing on last year sometime, at the end of October.)

1579170309_OxygenNotIncluded4_23_20232_55_15PM.thumb.png.088ec57a80bd2f6e97833326c6a00242.png

No actual meteors fell onto the asteroid in this supposed shower though, and there definitely wasn't anything showing up in the starmap.

Share this comment

On 4/24/2023 at 1:09 AM, ashridah said:

I did suddenly see the streaks in the background that indicated that a meteor season had started

That happens when there are meteor showers anywhere in the map. You have regolith planet discovered, right?

Share this comment

Gassy Moo and Regolith planet - sounds like everything is within parameters

these two planets had meteors before the update, moo planet got mooteors and regolith the regular regolith showers.

the only thing  that changed is the meteor swarms appearing on the starmap, but that is nothing that will affect anything else as these will always target their designated two planets

Edited by SGT_Imalas

Share this comment