Sound Issues Before Freeze

Jagulard
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

I was able to record some instances of the sound issues and freezes that I've been having.

The pattern is always the same: at some point during gameplay, the sound begins to do strange things- sometimes it repeats the same sounds over and over; sometimes all sound cuts out; sometimes only one sound plays. And after a few seconds of this, the game freezes. Here are some examples:

1. (ONIfreeze1_sm.mp4): In this example, two dupes are side-by-side working on paintings- one is making a blank canvas, the other is painting one. Only the painting sounds are playing. After a few seconds, the game freezes- note that the cursor still moves, but nothing else does.

2. (ONIfreeze2_sm.mp4): In this instance, at the start of a new cycle, the "wakeup" chimes continued to repeat until the game froze.

3. (ONIfreeze3_sm.mp4): Here, the dupes build a blank canvas and a compactor, but the building sound continues to play after both are finished- and does so until the freeze.

System: OS X 10.10.5 (14F2511), 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB, 24 GB Memory

Steps to Reproduce
No idea.

User Feedback

Update: I can confirm it's not a hardware problem. Over the weekend I booted into Windows using Boot Camp, and played for over 50 cycles (new and saved) without any problems at all.

Here's another video of the problem: the sounds continue playing for about a minute after the dupes stop digging, and then the game freezes.

ONIfreeze4_sm.mp4

Share this comment

I believe the problem was fixed in the most recent update: I have been able to play over 250 cycles without a freeze.

Thank you!

Share this comment