Signal & Sensors Bug

sixsevensix
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Fixed

Currently, when an automation sensor is placed it functions fine however when deconstructed the tile retains the on state of the sensor permanently until another automation piece is placed on that exact spot and the state is changed. If you try to run a circuit through one of these bugged tiles it will take the properties of whatever state preexisted. Images of bug in action:

I built a simple light circuit with signal switches to show how the bug functions (all sensors do this from what I've seen).

The switch is offset 1 tile right to show the bugged tile.

Initial State: all tiles function normally

BugFig1.jpg.d3a25f09cc43058263bcaf3a93cdb853.jpg

Step 1: Turn on Signal then deconstruct, the circuit should retain the on state.

BugFig2.jpg.a2e37656fbaa345c491a6e2ea7ebb555.jpgBugFig3.jpg.1646a545cee727e0e0ea3b8c267253a0.jpg

Step 2: place a new signal further down or before the deconstructed signals tile and try to change the circuit state, it will remain on:

BugFig4.jpg.e2f850a167ab2a6d90f4e7bd715cd151.jpgBugFig5.jpg.259eeef6dbb12b1a137770159b11eaad.jpg

The only way I can fix the bugged tile is by replacing a signal on it, turning it off, and deconstructing it. I think the tiles are permanently retaining the state of the last sensor placed on them and passing it into all circuits built over it.

BugFig6.jpg.0faf25e747455bdb4bf6bbfa5bb55655.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build a circuit sensor/automation signal, put it into active state, deconstruct it and try to build a circuit over the tile where the signal used to exist. Even when the sensor is gone, the empty tile retains the active state and passes it to all circuits passing over the tile. Explained and images attached in thread.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.