Selectively Reachable Spaces

fulldiver
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

There are one-space areas that are reachable only for certain errands. I can build and deconstruct tiles, pipes, and wires in these areas, but can't sweep debris from or build vents in them. Unsure if this is intended behavior.

I haven't played in a while, and as far as I can remember, having an open upper corner access should make the areas reachable.

Areas in question shown encircled in red below.

image.thumb.png.3ece1fd0a882109a5b2c644e8574c463.png

Steps to Reproduce

Place 1 tile each above, below, to the left, and to the right if an empty 1x1 space. (Add more walking area to the left and right of the space for convenience.)

Build another tile (or a pipe or wire), in the empty space. This should be achievable.

Deconstruct the building from the previous step. This should also be achievable.

Attempt to sweep the debris if it landed in the 1x1 space. This should result in an "unreachable" sweep errand.

Attempt to build a gas or liquid vent in the 1x1 space. This should result in an "unreachable" build errand.

User Feedback

After "A Breath of Fresh Air Update" (or maybe the "big merge" one..? I'm not sure anymore...) there was a "fix" about diagonal access/reach (description below from Fresh air update). 

• Errand "offset" fixes
    • Fix exploit where Duplicants can pick up items diagonally through walls if standing on a raised tile
    • Duplicants can access constructions diagonally from a greater number of nearby positions
    • Farm Tiles and Hydroponic Tiles now allow corner access for delivery chores.

Share this comment