Saves Lost - TU

icurnvs75
  • Pending

Twice today the game lost my save files.  The first time I was experiencing the bug where you can't use the Cancel command, you have to manually cancel each task by left clicking on it and choosing cancel, so I saved my game and tried to reload (without quitting out) but instead of loading my game it brought me to the Choose your starting duplicants screen.  I cancelled out and tried loading the previous autosave and it did the same thing.  I thought maybe if I chose Ok on the duplicants screen it would load me into my game but it just starts a new game.  I was able to get it to work this time by going back about 7 autosaves, finally finding one that would load my world.

Fast forward a couple hours and I tried to save and reload the game again (though this time I backed out to the main menu between saving and loading) and now every autosave brings me to the choose your duplicant screen.  I looked at the folder containing my save files and all of the autosaves are now 1kb, as well as the named save.  My save files from pre-Thermal Update Worlds are in there and are between 2400-5000kb.

I've attached my output_log, please let me know if you need any more information.  Sorry if this has already been reported, I scanned the first page and tried searching as well and didn't see anyone else reporting this issue.

Running the Thermal Update - 210489

Windows 10

I7-6700k, 16GB RAM, 980ti

EDIT:

Attached my save file.  Also, i was on cycle 148 or so the first time it happened and around 160 the second.

Hip Comet 2.sav

Steps to Reproduce
I don't know how to reproduce, it randomly happened today (I have 54 hours into the alpha so far).

User Feedback

Your output_log.txt doesn't appear to have had a save being loaded in it.
Like you opened the title screen and then exited.

Would ask for the save files but I already know what I'd find in them.

Hate to say it, but already lost everything related to the data loss.

Share this comment

50 minutes ago, Risu said:

Hate to say it, but already lost everything related to the data loss.

Oh yeah, I assumed that from all of the saves being 1kb.  I should have backed one up as soon as it happened, but no big deal.  I put about 20 hours in as soon as the alpha came out and another 30 since Thermal Update so I'm ready for another break until the next content update.  Really loving the game so far, can't wait until it gets fleshed out more and more.

Share this comment