Saves disappearing

JeckNoise
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have this extremely annoying bug that makes my saves disappear.

I play normally without any issues, for several cycles, and either i save manually or leave the game automatically save, 90% of the times, when i reload the game, my last save are gone and the only ones available are from something like 50/60 cycles before, destroying all the progress for 3/4 hours. 

You can see that this is a very frustrating bug and it's been happening for months. I don't recall making any important changes in my Windows system, so i don't think it's a Windows problem.

Do you have any idea of what may cause this and how can I solve it? I can't really play the game this way.

Lab Cycle 63.sav

Lab.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Playing the game, saving manually or automatically, reloading the game.

User Feedback

Here's a few things we can check: 

1) In Documents/Klei/OxygenNotIncluded/save_files/auto_save, there should be 10 files (your last 10 autosaves). If there are fewer than that, it may be that the game is running in to issues writing to that folder. 

2) When autosaves are cleaned up, the oldest ones are removed first. Check the dates of the files in that folder and make sure it makes sense (i.e. they're in the correct order, and the dates look like the actual last time you played those files). If the files are getting copied around (e.g. by a backup for file sync program) it may be affecting the dates.

3) Next time you notice it happen, please upload your game log right away.

Hopefully we can get this figured out quickly for you!

• Like 1

Share this comment

I tried to find the save with windows search bar and I found it in "C:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files" not in the "Documents" folder.

It appears that sometimes the game loads/saves from/to one directory or the other. 

Is it a known issue?

Share this comment

Do you have any settings or save files at all at Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\ ?

In the log file you posted, it seemed to be trying (unsuccessfully) to write to your documents folder. Would you be able start a new game, save it, change a game setting (e.g. effects volume), quit, and send the log from that? 

Are you running a virus scanner or automatic backup tool?

Thanks. This is very odd, I hope we can track down what's happening.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment