Save file dies after updates

Uliaandile
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

Quick question, tried to look for an answer but failed :< 

So, after each update my save file corrupts and is entirely unplayable. I LOVE this game, but having to start over for the what, fifth time now? is really bugging me. 

Is it only me or is starting a new game required to enjoy the new updates? 

Here's some details:

After an update is live for a few hours, my save file corrupts. It's been the same with Song of the Moo, What a Blast, Hot Shots, Sweet Dreams, and Fast Friends. Only the February QoL update left my save file playable. So with this update, I've noticed a research cell for the new resource, Brackene, yesterday. I was able to continue playing for a couple of hours, finished my game for the day and today the save file crashes my game upon trying to load it. Tried loading a previous save, tried re-installing, tried checking game files with Steam tools. Everything seems to be in order. There's no specific crash code or anything, the pop-up window only says "The program stopped working. If you wait, it might start running again" (my laptop is set up in Polish, so the English text might be different, but I think you get the point). I've tried waiting a couple of minutes, but nope. 

Steps to Reproduce

Update is installed

Play a few hours

Save file dies

User Feedback

Sure, here's the most recent file :) 

To my knowledge I am not using One Drive. I can't uninstall it, as It is not even on my Add or remove programs section (screenshot). I also checked my backup settings and it says that One Drive Sync is off. 

I can however see that some of my folders are mystically located in an "One Drive" folder... I'll dig into that. 

image.png

Hopeful Spaceprison.sav

Share this comment

THANK YOUUUUUUU, IT WORKEDDDDDDDDDDD <3

It took an hour, but installing, disabling, and uninstalling OneDrive helped!

Thank you so much, I can play my old colonies again <3 You guys are the absolute best!

Share this comment