Sand from digging, first invisible then unreachable

Hechicera
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I had tried to build a tile to the left of the sand, then cancelled the build and dug out above it. Unsure if that is required to duplicate conditions. The sand blob is one of the usual ones you get below where you dig sand. Just .. invisible.

Noticed it when water backed up on it. A save and reload made it appear, but it is now flagged as unreachable when it doesn't look like it should be. Three saves and screens.

Auto Save 12 shows the area before I built the L then stopped. Auto Save 13 shows the top of the L, that I deleted by the save I noticed it. And since it is a reload shows the sand pile that was invisible (until you reload). So it happened between those two auto saves. You can see in Auto Save 13 where the sand came from. But as I played the game, it was invisible (as first screenshot shows).

No mods. Steam install. dxdiag attached too. Boring yet competent card/memory, drivers should all be up to date.

20190707005259_1.jpg

20190707005347_1.jpg

The Immune Comet PR-60.sav

The Immune Comet PR-60 Cycle 12.sav

The Immune Comet PR-60 Cycle 13.sav

Steps to Reproduce
I was digging out some initial exploration. Due to the potential water I had made a three tile L shape just to the left of the invisible sand. The top tile of the L built, then bottom two I cancelled the build before they constructed (maybe one was in process?). I then deconstructed the top of the L and dug the two tiles above it. I did this when I changed my mind and decided to let it just run down to join the water already below left. Unsure when the invisible sand appeared in this process. Sometimes I was playing at Speed 3, if that factors. Unsure. But when I went back to digging out around the water above it to the right, it became obvious when the water then did flow into that area.

User Feedback

As an FYI, still seeing this bug on subsequent asteroids with current patch, always seems like when running on fast. Again, it clears on reload but the back saves attached here recreated it.

But one new thing. If the invisible sand is at the base of a ladder, and there is also other regular items there from digging falling then the ladder also breaks.

Share this comment