[RU-284406] UPDATED: Clothing mechanics cause illusionary copies of dropped clothing

DaveSatx
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

dupe dropped a snazzy suit on/next to a gas reservoir.  i can not highlight it and no tool tip generates on hover.  may happen with other objects but my problem is with a suit :)

Correction!

I found another untouchable suiit;  I've also noticed something odd about clothing (at least Snazzy Suits).

all of the following occurred at varying amounts of time apart but in this sequence.

I manufactured 6.  had them moved with priority to one easy to reach container.

selected the suits one by one in the container and assigned a dupe.

the dupe visually shows the suit graphic.

I didn't notice any decor aura around them as per usual.

i noticed that despite the dupe inventories showing the suit as being equipped, the suit never actually left the container or in fact when i dumped them on the ground, the stack never shrank.

to attempt to address this (as in the past the wear-clothing mechanic is as transparent as dense silt) i tried un-assigning and reassigning a few minutes later.

found the second suit and realized it appears to be related to the suits and not the storage container and edited this :)

Snapshot-15.png

Snapshot-16.png

Steps to Reproduce
new: Assign a dupe to a suit. observe the visual of the dupe change, check to see if the suit vanishes, if it does not - attempt to fix this by unassigning/reassigning, dupe 'drops' the suit they aren't really wearing. old: have a dupe drop a suit (perhaps other things?) on the visual edges of the gas reservoir. attempt to select it and hover over it.

User Feedback

The suits are very... buggy... The only way I can make my dupes equip the suits in the first place is by locking them in a room with their suits and nothing else to do. I unlock the room when they put them on. Seems like they like to have a room for themselves while they're changing :)

But, I do remember that in the beginning, when I was clicking manically re-assigning the suits I found from one dupe to the other, there was some glitches similar to what you are describing.

Share this comment