Rocket oxidizer tanks don't copy settings properly

SomeChemistGuy
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

It looks like the filter on some of my oxidizer tanks randomly defaults to "Not Designated" when loading the game, dropping all fuel.

EDIT: After some testing, if you set one oxidizer container to fertilizer then copy settings to other tanks, dupes will happily fill all of your oxidizer tanks with fertilizer, but the box for fertilizer on copied containers never gets checkmarked. If you do this, then save and reload, the fertilizer in these tanks is immediately dropped (or destroyed in the rocket is in space).
(End EDIT)

The only mod I am using is "Bigger Camera Zoom Out". The issue persists after disabling the mod.

DLC Enabled, Classic start, Build: U46-552078-5

The first time I noticed this when after I landed on the niobium planet. Unfortunately I did not realize what happened until the fertilizer turned into a dirt tile due to the high temperatures. At the same time one of my other rockets which was exploring had 2 tiles of range left on load. It had something like 10 tiles of range when I had saved (rocket on right in ss). Notice only half of the petroleum fuel was used in this stranded rocket, it should have had 2 full oxidizer tanks filled with 450 kg fertilizer each, which I assume was expelled into space. Thankfully that rocket was close enough to land on a nearby asteroid.

The screenshot shown below is me coming to rescue that second stranded pilot. I saved and reloaded after landing to see if the fertilizer dropped out of the rescue crew's rocket oxidizer tank. After loading the game, the top oxidizer tank was disabled and you can see the fertilizer falling to the ground.

image.thumb.png.5130a5565c1e37af479a3f2653aa0f0b.png

Steps to Reproduce

Edited slightly after some more testing.

1) Build a large petroleum rocket with 2 liquid fuel tanks and 4 small oxidizer tanks (Did not test with other rocket configurations)

2) Set one oxidizer tank to fertilizer (probably works with oxalite as well, did not test)

3) Copy settings to other oxidizer tanks, Dupes will fill them even though the checkbox is not checked when you click on them

4) Save and reload

5) Watch your oxidizer fall out of the rocket

User Feedback