Rocket doesn't land when hovering over asteroid; instead reports out of fuel.

etravisco
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I created a rocket with 6 tiles of movement and sent it 3 tiles out.  The rocket idled for a turn while dupes explored the nearby space with a telescope.  The idle turn was also 'in orbit' of a newly discovered asteroid.  No landing or any other interaction with the new asteroid happened.  Once the rocket arrived in orbit with the home asteroid - i.e. consuming it's last sixth tile of movement, 3 out 3 in, the game notified me that the rocket was out of oxidizer fuel.  The rocket's icon / bitmap was hovering on top of the home asteroid.  I've included screenshots to illustrate the issue.  The rocket will not land; I reloaded the game, and the rocket will still not land.  

2021-05-30 02_19_18-Oxygen Not Included.png

2021-05-30 02_18_34-Oxygen Not Included.png

Steps to Reproduce

The steps seem particular to my save game.  The saved game is in your cloudspace. 

User Feedback

Hi @etravisco! Thanks for taking the time to report this bug!

We don't have access to Cloud saves, that's private user data and is handled by Steam. If you could attach the save to this thread, I'll try to figure out what's going on here. Thanks!

• Thanks 3

Share this comment

Hi Ipsquiggle.  Thanks for the quick response, and awesome job on the game.  That being said; attaching the save file is a no go, it is 2MB over the 4.88MB size limit.  Anywho, it seems the steps to reproduce this issue must at least result with a rocket in orbit without fuel and therefore unable to land - described in this way, the rocket almost seems by design to be stranded.  A helpful tooltip might be to state that at least 1 tile of movement is needed to go from orbit to rocket pad.  /shrug.  

Hope things are going well!  Thank you.

Edited by etravisco

Share this comment

13 hours ago, etravisco said:

Hi Ipsquiggle.  Thanks for the quick response, and awesome job on the game.  That being said; attaching the save file is a no go, it is 2MB over the 4.88MB size limit.  Anywho, it seems the steps to reproduce this issue must at least result with a rocket in orbit without fuel and therefore unable to land - described in this way, the rocket almost seems by design to be stranded.  A helpful tooltip might be to state that at least 1 tile of movement is needed to go from orbit to rocket pad.  /shrug.  

Hope things are going well!  Thank you.

You can try to share save with google drive. It might work.

Share files from Google Drive

For me, it is 99MB max so there must be a problem on your side.

Share this comment

Hi Tickling Tick,

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't occur to me that I should link a google drive share on these forums.  You've got a good idea there, and I'm going to slide that trick into my pocket for future use.  I've just noticed that I can now upload a file of size 99MB. That being said, I have reloaded the game from a previous save, however I will try to recreate this issue soon.  

Share this comment

OttosRegret_isThatASpaceBug.sav

This save is the best I can do; it has one inbound rocket, which is two tiles away from being in orbit with the asteroid it intends to land on.  A cycle just ticked, and the rocket has just notified me that it doesn't have enough fuel to reach the destination; the destination is two tiles away, the rocket reports having two tiles of fuel left.  

Best.

2021-06-03 01_31_24-Oxygen Not Included.png

Share this comment

Aah I understand the problem more clearly now, thanks for all the details! (And for the save file!) We'll take a look.

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment