Resolution resets to monitor resolution during play

BOUMBLES
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I am currently playing on a laptop with a 4k resolution monitor. I can't play the game at that high a resolution so I turn it down to 1920x1080. However, every time the game does an auto save (eg : new cycle) and sometimes even randomly during play, the screen locks briefly, flickers and then resets to 3840x2160. Making the game run at a very low fps. I have to then go back to settings and return it to 1920x1080. The game always starts at 3840x2160 regardless of what I had left it when quitting.

If I play with an external 1080p monitor, the game remains at that resolution the entire time.

Steps to Reproduce

Start game

Set to lower resolution than native resolution

Play until game auto-saves (until a new cycle begins)

Screen flickers and native resolution is set automatically

DxDiag.txt

• Like 1

User Feedback

On 5/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, SharraShimada said:

Have you tried to run it in window-mode? 

I noticed the issue would reproduce if I saved the game (resetting my resolution settings). This doe not occur if I play the game in windowed mode. However, I'm only able to run the game at a lower resolution without severe FPS issues. Playing in windowed mode at 1920x1080 is a bit hard on a 4k monitor as the window is only about 1/4 of the full screen size...

Share this comment

Think I have a workaround. Disabling the "timelapse resolution" option under Options->Game seems to top the resolution changes.

Share this comment

On 5/19/2020 at 9:28 PM, BOUMBLES said:

Think I have a workaround. Disabling the "timelapse resolution" option under Options->Game seems to top the resolution changes.

Well, didn't last long the issue returned even with the timelapse images disabled. It happens when the game saves. I reduced the auto-save frequency so it's not as disruptive.

Share this comment