Repeating pause every second on my bases only

rulerofthehuns
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

There is a strange repeating delay on all 3 of my 1200+ cycle bases that I haven't deleted yet:

- about 0.6 second normal framerate
 - about 0.4 second pause
 - about 0.4 second pause
 - about 0.4 second pause

I've downloaded about 10 huge 1000-4500 cycle bases I've found all over the net.
This repeating lag does not happen on any of them, only on bases I've created.
I've never seen anyone mention this on this forum or reddit.

I've attached 3 of my bases (Sever, The Impenetrable Paradise, Future Sewer), and two saves as a control group:
- Overachieve 40C.sav: this is from Francis John youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJRVz032jAc)
- e basta.sav ( I don't remember where I've found this one )

I've noticed this on the latest stable release, it is also observable on the preview branch.
Some of the latest preview updates improved the problem, but it's still very noticable.

e basta.sav

Future Sewer.sav

Overachieve 40C.sav

Sewer.sav

The Impenetrable Paradise.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load the game, switch to 1x speed, unpause, wait a bit until the game loads completely, zoom in, pan with keyboard

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

Framerate should be smoother on the next update that hits the testing branch. If you're curious, the part that got optimized was the "auto-wrangling" setting on critter dropoff points. I didn't end up checking the control group saves you posted, but I'd suspect they either didn't have that setting enabled anywhere, or had far fewer critters on the map. Thanks for the report!

• Thanks 2

Share this comment