Random Piping/Destuction while holding action during night-to-day switch

Destructix
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hey Klei, first and foremost thank you for this awesome game, it's my current addiction :p

I found the following bug which didn't exists prior to the official launch;

When holding (left-click is pressed) action (Liquid Pipe, Gas pipe or destruction) during the night-to-day switch causes that action to spam all over the map as if you had just dragged the mouse all over.

This happens whether I am holding at a specific position or dragging to build/destroy.

I've had instances where the entire base gets marked for destruction.

This happens in any map biome.

I've provided a screenshot of the latest instance of this bug and can happily provide the saved game if needed.

thanks

ONI - Random piping during night-to-day switch.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Hold the pipe build action during the day-to-night transition (when the audio cue plays). This will cause piping to appear as per image above. Alternatively, Drag the pipe to be built during the day-to-night transition. This will also cause piping to appear as per the image above. The same steps can be done for gas pipes and the destruction action.

User Feedback

This bug was already signaled many times. ;)

You can stop this by right clicking during the autosave. It works fine for me.

Share this comment

So if this bug was "already signaled many times" where is the report that has been confirmed by Klei?

There is a MOD that fixes (or at least attempts to fix) this issue, I'm not sure why this isn't towards the top of the development list - or maybe it is?  It's definitely the most glaring and disruptive bug I've seen since the release, honestly aside from dupes getting "stuck" places (which could reasonably be called a feature rather than a bug tbh) this is the only real issue I've had.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1861473661

That's the link to the mod page.  Klei, please improve upon and implement this (or other) fix asap!

Share this comment