Ranchers become unable to groom critters after a certain amount of gameplay

werecat
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

After playing for some unknown amount of time, ranchers will be unable to groom critters, they simply get stuck in the "calling for groom" animation without a critter ever jumping up and getting groomed. A save reload temporarily fixes the issue.

20231007152753_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Play the game for some amount of time. At first the rancher will groom critters just fine. After some unknown amount of playtime (in my case I observed the bug after about 90 minutes but may have started occurring sooner) the rancher will no longer be able to groom critters and get stuck "calling for grooming" at the grooming station.

Badlands 2023-10-03.sav

• Like 3

User Feedback

Well I have expirienced this bug myself so far havent been able to find a solution everyone tells me to move the dupe out of the stable but that doesn't seem to help. Only thing that helped me was saveing the game and reloading it but that only helped for a few cycles and then it would happen again not sure exacly how to fix that but I have had this issue even before the october update.

• Like 1

Share this comment

There used to be a bug in the previous versions of the game that worked in a very similar way: One critter in the ranch would become completely frozen (including animation) and either moving/killing the broken critter or moving the rancher would fix it.

Since the last patch I have only encountered a slightly different bug that seems to occur a lot less often: Several critters in the same ranch get a nameless status, are no longer idle and get stuck in an idle animation, but otherwise stop moving around, feeding or just doing anything.

While this bug appears to occur a lot less often, it causes a lot more problems since I haven't found a way to fix it other than reloading the game. Killing or moving the broken critters does not work, suddenly other critters in the same stable will develop the same problems. Moving the rancher or even sending him to sleep does not work, some other rancher will take the place and get stuck as well.

The old bug at least used to fix itself after some time, when the rancher went to sleep.

BrokenSlickster.jpg

• Like 1

Share this comment