rancher won't groom hatchs

CoilFace
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Rancher keeps calling the hatchs at the grooming station and they won't go to be groomed even though they are glum.
The rancher stays there and the hatches never go. She stays until she has to go to the bathroom, or until she can't breath anymore, or until the schedule indicates her to go to sleep or other task. But the critter never goes there. If I deconstruct and build the station again it fixes for some times, but the bug repeats after a few cycles.
image.thumb.png.e80d8ba16fb727ae68177f8fdd671ef4.png

Steps to Reproduce

Build a hatch farm, and wait.

• Big Ups 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

If it fixes itself after reload, it's a long-standing bug and not just for hatches. It's been happening since they added the critter behavior to queue up in "Excited" state, in an attempt to minimize the critter travel time. Unfortunately there's something bugged about the state machine and sometimes they get stuck.

Share this comment

On 10/18/2023 at 9:36 PM, meekay said:

If it fixes itself after reload, it's a long-standing bug and not just for hatches. It's been happening since they added the critter behavior to queue up in "Excited" state, in an attempt to minimize the critter travel time. Unfortunately there's something bugged about the state machine and sometimes they get stuck.

it does solve itself after reload )=. Isn't there anything I could do about it?

Share this comment

Not that I've found yet. The other night I ran into it three times in a couple of hours, each time requiring a reload.

I tried to see if adding a 99/1% timer to the grooming station would clear it up, but it didn't help, so it seems to be associated with the critter's state and not the station's. One of the symptoms is that the affected critter has an empty bullet point in its mouseover status indicator where it would say "Excited".

Share this comment

On 10/22/2023 at 4:58 PM, meekay said:

Not that I've found yet. The other night I ran into it three times in a couple of hours, each time requiring a reload.

I tried to see if adding a 99/1% timer to the grooming station would clear it up, but it didn't help, so it seems to be associated with the critter's state and not the station's. One of the symptoms is that the affected critter has an empty bullet point in its mouseover status indicator where it would say "Excited".

Nice, that could be a first hint for the developers to do something about it.

Share this comment