Pufts become confined when hatching from submerged egg

ravalox
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Fixed flying critters getting stuck in liquid.

The puft in attached screen was initially submerged.  Curiously, quoted fix had not corrected this issue. I lowered the liquid surface to see if the puft remained confined.  Unfortunately, it seems the bug fix only applies when a critter is submerged and has freedom of movement...I had a shine bug in my last run that floated back and forth under the surface without breaching.

20220526181909_1.thumb.jpg.8404ce48845419957a503adb0cba37f2.jpg

By sheer luck, I had a save at the cycle the little fellow hatches. The critter's movement repeated across loads, so I was able to capture the screens below.  I only recall confinement occurring when a puft is submerged and the tile is a natural, world-gen tile.

20220526185859_1.thumb.jpg.d9a9c31035a101cd115234ad3adbe0ee.jpg

20220526185928_1.thumb.jpg.7fb86fb47076d6005768f7eef9e09f59.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

I would assume this is difficult to reproduce since one is at the mercy of the pathing algo.

• Submerge a puft egg in a liquid pool with uneven, non-flat surfaces that has many exposed tile corners.
  • Cross fingers RNG-sus blesses the algo so that pathing will intersect a corner.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.