Pressing Escape Key at Embark screen skips duplicant starting game with 0 and game left is bugged state

Nathan Crowell
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Pressing the Escape key at the Embark screen will load the map with 0 duplicants selected.  At first I thought maybe it was a feature to see the map before choosing duplicants but I could not find any way to return back to the duplicant selection screen.  The presented UI seems responsive.  I can unpause time and let cylces start to pass - or at least it seems like time is passing.  I have not actually taken the time to let an entire cycle pass.  The Printing Pod and Ration Box are present but clicking on neither has any result.  Additionally, the Escape Key at this point does open the menu as normally would occur.  The only way to exit the game and get out of this bugged state is to kill the application.

The bug can be reproduced (tried about 5 times and got the same result).

Steps to Reproduce
Start new game. At duplicant selection / Embark screen press the Escape key.

User Feedback

if you let the game keep running until the dupe printer fills up then let the game go to night time it will autosave.  Load the autosave to make the game playable, print your first dupe and start your challenge run.

Share this comment

Can confirm this happens with both the custom and regular game-mode (though it shouldn't make much difference), Gonna see if the "Challenge Mode" can be done, waiting for it to charge now...

Yep, it works, thanks kabrute

Edited by KawaiiDouchebag

Share this comment