Power does not transmit on leftmost edge of map (space)

FinalDoom
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have gas and liquid pumps set up for making rocket fuel, and their power ports are on the leftmost column of the map (in the space biome). Wires are connected, but all report not having power. Everything else on the line is powered and counts toward the potential load, but the machines aren't/don't. The do not report missing a plug, but do report no battery.

I've also noted that pipes and automation wires connecting to that column seem to be broken sometimes. I'm not sure if this is due to save/drag lag errors, or part of a related bug, as I haven't verified it happening often yet, since I don't usually need to check it.

Verified the power issue is a problem with or without mods. The uploaded save is with mods, but they are all cosmetic.

There doesn't appear to be a log at all in the game folder.

First Rocket Cycle 1419.png

First Rocket Cycle 1419.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Put a machine in the space biome with its power port on the leftmost side of the map. Create a powered wire in the space biome, attach said wire to the machine. Note that machine reports being unpowered and does not contribute to the load of the wire.

User Feedback

Additional clarification, I noticed two things:

The save I attached should have a wire in the second column of the map, and connections to the machines in the first column. On loading the save, the connections to the first column are broken--the second column doesn't think they're attatched, but the first column wires do think they're attached.

I meant to report with the previous cycle's save: I had the wire entirely in the first column of the map, and no connection was made. At that time (playing), the wire was all connected fully. I expect it's really broken somewhere, but it's not fixable without reloading, if even then.

Reloading and then connecting the wires seems to get them working with the 1419 save, but I suspect it will require fixing every load. The same thing is indeed happening with the pipes/automation as well--connections to the first column are randomly broken on load.

Edited by FinalDoom

Share this comment