Power Cable (TU)

Teila
  • Pending

The power cables are not calculating on a per run level rather an entire power grid level.

The end runs should be un-effected by light cable run on a different run.

The present calculation even effects runs where the buildings are disabled or turned off via switch.

XzlNYH1.jpg

The Lunar Pit.sav

cipmgyC.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Have an electric system that uses both heavy gauge wire as the backbone and normal wire as the tails.

User Feedback

I mean that power draw should be calculated from the point of it branching from a heavy gauge wire with a light gauge wire. Rather than calculating the entire grid off total system draw.... It doesn't make sense for a wire on the top of a system to stress and fry a wire in the bottom of the system with no draw on it. The issue is hard to describe unless your an electrical guy.

Share this comment

I am electrical guy. That's why I perfectly understand that grid is strong as it's weakest point. You don't have any transformator ingame to put between heavy and standard cable.

Can't tell much from the screenshot as you don§t have cable UI visible, but I can guess you have too much for normla cables on one grid and everything flashing yellow are normal ones.

Share this comment

So the clothing station is disabled (so not drawing any power). However, the light wire from the heavy wire is still showing an overload. Plus I have had that connection (and others like it to disabled buildings) fry. If this is intended ok sure.... However, this wire should not have a load or fry for any load in other locations on the rest of the system.

Share this comment

Something is wrong in power calculation.

I distributed main power by high-wats cable , and from main line i put wire to carbon skimmer (120W).

From electrical point of view is everything ok. only few Amps  or Wats go by normal wire, but game calculation show 4840W instead of 120W on this line.

On 23.03.2017 at 9:40 PM, Vilda said:

I am electrical guy. That's why I perfectly understand that grid is strong as it's weakest point. You don't have any transformator ingame to put between heavy and standard cable.

Transformator isn't needed in this simple situation,we don't change voltage level and grid is connected in order with electricals laws.

For example if U wire home electricity, You don't need to put 6mm2 wire to lights from power relay(electrical switchgear),  1,5mm2 wire is absolutly fine.

In my case carbon skimmer is electric receiver and draws only 120W.

You wold have right if situation will be oposite, when on normal wire would be generator and recivers was on high-wats cable.

oni_power.png

Edited by Kashue

Share this comment