Polluted Dirt Offgassing Rate Significantly Reduced But Sublimator Not Added To The Base Game

helium3
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Not sure if Klei considers this a bug, but I certainly do.

Basically, in the base game the rate of polluted dirt off-gassing appears to have been significantly reduced AND the polluted dirt sublimator was not brought over from the DLC.

Prior to this patch, a full debris tile of polluted dirt would off-gas at a rate of something like 24 g/s when it wasn't over-pressured. Now, the off-gas rate for a full 25 tons bounces between 0 and 16 g/s but spends the majority of it's time at 0 g/s.

I totally understand why you nerfed the rate of pDirt off-gassing in the DLC since there's so much of it in the swamp biome, but you also included the polluted dirt sublimator to compensate.

Please either add the sublimator to the base game (like the other non-radiation, non-rocketry tech) or revert the change to polluted dirt off-gassing for the base game only.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Realize that your ceramic production facility that was based on polluted dirt that was working great prior to this patch is now producing hardly any ceramic.
  2. Cry.
  3. Start thinking about morb 'ranching' because god only knows how long it will take for this to get addressed, if ever.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I can't even find the phatchnotes that did this. The deodoriser, and refrigerator changes trashed my 10k+ base. Now after i replanned and already in for 3k, I test the offgassing and cry. The wiki still sais the basegame has 10x the offgasing, and based on mass. 300+tons of debris still just flicker hecticly, average is like 16g/s. I just can't comprehed how can I own a fully released offline game if Its randomly changes for the worst like some alfa. 

Edited by Szaty

Share this comment

As I understand it, this change was made intentionally to prevent issues that were occurring in Spaced Out on the asteroids that had the swampy biome. I just don't (and still don't) understand why they changed how off-gassing worked in both versions of the game but didn't also add the sublimation station to the vanilla game. Luckily for me, I pretty much only play Spaced Out now. Space in vanilla is just so incredibly tedious in comparison and I actually prefer the challenge of the smaller asteroid sizes.

Share this comment