Please Fix Screenshot expanding range

SackMaggie
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The problem was when rocket launched the screenshot is expanded to include no-build zone and it make screenshot of entire base unusable.

I was initially planning to make a high resolution timelapse, but not anymore(until this got fixed).

Here's my timelapse image at cycle 280 before rocket was launched.

image.thumb.png.0ad35e35671ae0071d5cbe3e380c5313.png

And then I proceed to launch a rocket. Now What the heck is this ? It's like 70% of image covered in black why ????.  

image.thumb.png.0336e7a3ca7a98dcf1614703a6f4c7f5.png

For comparison, Here is the start of no-build zone (38 tiles counted from Tile below rocket platform).

image.thumb.png.1b2804f1a3df27dd62f823ecf39044ec.png

The possible solution in my head is here.

• Limit the vector2 of number of tiles that you use to calculate what to shoot (Or limit camera orthographic range directly) of course that will depend on map size (e.g. map_size * 1.2), And what I noticed was you guys already have a function to limit camera position maybe copy that and add a few changes will just work. Which is very simple change with no other feature involve which mean less chance of bug
  • Make rocket not reveal un-discovered tile, Looks simple but not sure what under the carpet.
  • This spot is reserved for your ideas that you might came up with or my blind spot.

I've a high hope this this fix will be include in this Thursday update.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Start a new map.
2. Change Timelapse resolution to this (So you can actually see what's going on when it saved on your pc, not just some blurry picture).
image.thumb.png.93c7bb12b4e788723cf07c654600d3ec.png
3. Expand view zone by having dupe run most part of the map.
4. Wait for screenshot taken.
5. Now launch a rocket.
6. Wait for next screenshot.
7. Compare the result.

• Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.