Planters marked for harvest get harvested after plant dies.

RoboPhred
  • Pending

When a grown plant that has been marked for harvest dies, and revives, the new fledgling plant still ends up getting harvested.

In my game, I am right on the edge of the pressure boundary for mealwood, and it often dies and starts living again in a short time during this period.  This causes the bug to appear regularly

Steps to Reproduce
Set up a planter, wait for it to grow to a harvestable state, mark it for harvest, and depressurize the room. Re-introduce pressure, the plant should then start growing again from a small size, but duplicants can still successfully harvest it.

User Feedback

I'm now a bit confused to the mechanics of plants and how they react to death.  I have seen plants shrink when they die from low pressure, but I have also seen quite a few dead but fully grown plants after skipping harvest commands for a while.  Is this death from old age if not harvested?  Or is the plant shrinkage itself a bug?

At any rate, the fully grown but dead plants are able to be given harvest commands after their death, which will produce edible meallice, despite the visual appearance of the lice being dead as well.

Edited by RoboPhred

Share this comment