Piping into Hydroponic Farms crashing to desktop

Artifiring
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have a full greenhouse but one row of the greenhouse (12 tiles long) I am trying to run new piping into (in a more efficient way) and I am repeatedly crashing to desktop. I run a straight line of liquid piping one tile below the hydroponic farm tiles. I was then trying to put a bridge to move the water above, and then pipe back in (at recommendation of a friend). This caused it to crash to desktop twice. I decided to take a simpler approach and eliminate the bridge and just run direct from the 1 tile lower pipe into the hydroponic tile and it crashed to desktop again. It is the top farm row in the attached saved file.

Citadel.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Steps included in the description.

User Feedback

Hi, I tried constructing/deconstructing pipes all around those farm tiles and didn't encounter any crash. Could you post a screenshot showing what you were doing just before the crash happened?

Share this comment

Just before that happened I was actually experiencing some issues with the water not flowing through the hydroponic tiles with the pipes just going straight through... That's what prompted the change. When I had them remove all the liquid pipe tiles, and then only connect three of the farm tiles at a time, I was able to get it to work properly without crashing. Might have just been something weird on my side. If you would like, I could try to reload that save, and then get a video capture of it happening via OBS.

Share this comment

I am encountering the same problem in the Cosmic Update. I've already lost a previous colony thanks to this bug. Now it strikes again. I can reliably repeat the issue in the attached save. Whenever my dupes build pipes into the last hydroponic plots the game crashes. I've also attached the crash dumps.

I've tried it with and without (9:40) the debug_enable file present.

When I tried to first build the plots and piping and then hook it up to the pump the construction seemed to work but the game crashed when the water started flowing... (9:43)

I also made sure to empty the plots of any dirt before hooking them up (9:47). But again. The game crashed as soon as the water started flowing.

Dimension Cycle 28.sav

SimDLL_CRASH_release_273742_20180617-09.21.37.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_release_273742_20180617-09.29.29.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_release_273742_20180617-09.33.20.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_release_273742_20180617-09.40.38.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_release_273742_20180617-09.43.22.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_release_273742_20180617-09.47.52.dmp

Share this comment