Phophorite fertilizer is zero despite having tons of phosphorite

crinis
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Known Issue

On my current save (QoL MK1), my pincha pepper farm won't fertilize with phosphorite. Hovering over shows that the stores of the agricultural ingredient are 0. However, the resource column shows that I have tons of the stuff. 

Timeline.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load sav game attached. Look for pincha pepper farm in the lower right of the colony. They are brown b/c of lack of fertilizer.

User Feedback

Changed Status to Known Issue

Hi @crinis,

The fertilization is delivered to the tile, not the plant, and the tiles are out of reach.  Generally dupes only have a reach of 2 tiles, and your pepper farm files are 4 high, if you were to lower them by 1 tile, or build ladders to reach them, they should get fertilized.

I noticed that dupes will deliver the farming station materials to the plants though, and this is a bit of an odd inconsistency. We'll take a look at it and see if there's something we can to do make this more consistent or clearer what is going on.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Ah, thanks. The farm tiles are inaccessible to the dupes because I wrapped them in insulation tile to keep the heat in.  The micro-nutrient fertilization, like you noted, is to the plant, not the tile, so I was lead to believe that's how all fertilizer behaved. I will re-design my farm accordingly. Much appreciated.

Share this comment