Petroleum evaporating at 200 Celsius

Bodkin
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have have a tile with 365 grams of petroleum serving as a "liquid airlock" between a room with a volcano and a room with a steam turbine. The petroleum is sitting at just under 200 Celsius, but it somehow evaporates into sour gas. This happens at the same moment that one of my dupes (Nikola) steps onto the tile. I have no mods enabled in my game.

UPDATE: After continuing the save, this appears to happen between other rooms that make use of petroleum as an airlock and at even lower temperatures.

UPDATE: This behavior appears to be closely related to dupes moving through the tile. I have now witnessed crude oil become petroleum and petroleum become sour gas at the exact moment a dupe moves through the tile, despite low temperatures. In each case, there was less than 500 grams of liquid in the tile.

DxDiag.txt

Lemuria.sav

Steps to Reproduce

In the attached save, the bug consistently occurs approximately 1 minute and 9 seconds after loading the save, running at fast speed. It happens at the same moment that one of my dupes (Nikola) steps onto the tile.

Lemuria.sav

User Feedback

This behavior usually happens when the dupe is carrying something hot as the object then interacts with the liquid for a single frame.

Like, you know, some ultra-hot metal or igneous rock from volcano output.

Share this comment