Periodic null exception crash on OS X with qol_2_testing

NUINerd
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: OSX Pending

Periodically (three times in about 8 hours of gameplay) the OS X version will crash. I'm using the qol_2_testing branch. After the crash if I reload the game, it does not crash at the same place. During the crash, I'm typically not clicking anything, but might be panning around the map to see what dupes are doing. I haven't noticed any particular pattern for the crash as far as what the dupes are doing. It happened relatively early game (first 50 cycles), and twice more between 50 and 154 cycles in the same save. System info is below and the Player.log is attached, showing unhandled NULL exception as the last thing. 

I was running in full screen. This was a fresh install (first time on this computer) with a fresh game on this branch. (No previous saves.) I attached the last two saves in case one is more useful than the other.

When the crash occurs, the mac colored spinning mouse cursor appears and the game locks up. It doesn't display anything else and doesn't render any additional frames. I can switch to other apps, but if I switch back to the game it's a black screen. After some time, I end up force quitting as it is obviously not coming back.

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.3
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB/Intel Iric Pro 1536 MB

Player.log

Crater Cycle 153.sav

Crater Cycle 154.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the error consistently, but it happened three times to me in a single run. I reloaded from Crater Cycle 154.sav and it did not crash before the next cycle.

User Feedback

Same game as above, on Cycle 172, additional crash. Log is attached. The crash occurred right after a notification sound but before a notification popped up on the feed. I'm not sure which notification it was at the moment, but the sound was like a "shing, ba da da ba da da ba da da" where the "shing" was kind of like a sword-unsheathing ringing sound and the "ba da da" is a rising three note arpeggio. Hopefully that helps, haha. [Edit: possibly the Research Complete sound.]

Player.log

Edited by NUINerd

Share this comment