Performance issue when opening a building/critter/plant toolbox

Dracian
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this one has been submitted, but I'm experiencing a massive fps drop each time I open a building/critter/plant/material toolbox. When no toolbox is opened, the game runs at a smooth 30/40 fps. Each time I open a toolbox, fps are literally halved, dropping to 15/20 fps. This is happening only with the launch preview, both on my desktop and my laptop computers and on all the games I've played since the launch preview has been available.

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, I'm talking about that kind of toolbox. Note that this is not limited to storage toolbox. Every single one make my fps drop dramatically, even if building toolboxes seem to have a worse effect.

EE08131ADB517580BA0C65E8CCECD3AB702625CA

Hoping you'll find a fix for that.

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce
1. Open a toolbox, preferably a building one 2. Watch fps drop

User Feedback

I would never have thought to call them toolboxes, but I too have the same issue. The game runs smooth as silk for me at 4k, but when I open the contents of a container, or any text box really, I get at least a 40 to 50 percent drop in frames. This gets worse as time goes on, but the frames jump right back to 60 as soon as the item is closed. I should also note that I am also in the testing branch.

Share this comment