Overlapping rocket modules cause crash if rocket is in space

E...
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I'm not 100% sure how I even got in this situation as, while I am using mods, none of them should be affecting rocket construction, but i ended up with some rocket modules overlapping seen in (440 (1)). In an alternate timeline (440) where the rocket in question is in space, the client will crash. I  was curious if sending the rocket to space or reloading the game would reajdust the modules, but, just the crash on load from what I see. I also (in yet another timeline) fixed the 2 problematic modules (nosecone and one of the solar panels), sent the rocket to space, saved and loaded just fine, so these modules were the issue. interestingly, as seen, the game loads fine with the bad modules when the rocket is grounded.

Cute Homestead Cycle 440.sav (1).sav Cute Homestead Cycle 440.sav

Steps to Reproduce

loading 440.sav will cause the client to crash. The only relevant difference (as verified by further testing) from 440.sav (1) is that the problematic rocket is in space. I do not know, unfortunately, know what caused the rocket modules to overlap, but there may be some odd interaction between going from paused to unpaused while modifying the rocket modules, but I suspect that would be difficult to reproduce

User Feedback

Note for Klei, I was able to replicate the overlapping bug and actually found a specifically related crash while verifying replication. I will get you specific steps or a recording when I get a chance. 

Share this comment