Outhouse output glitch

MajorFreak
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

vanilla (no mods) gameplay bug involving post plunging polluted dirty outputting 295kg green polluted, plus an errant 5kg of dirt infected with food poisoning that shows up as polluted on filter but refuses to be treated as such and i can't find a way to preventing the damn 5kg from spreading all over.

i've tried restarting my game to no avail. 

i tried my absolute best to find a workaround, so along with the files here's a link to a video i just uploaded (very short) showing exactly what's going on.
https://youtu.be/lPq27yP3tnM (still processing so you may have to be patient)

Steps to Reproduce

1. plunge full outhouse

Underground Dwelling Cycle 14.png

Underground Dwelling Cycle 14.sav

User Feedback

btw, i noticed a weird anomaly during the bugged sessions...clicking on an outhouse (or hovering over) i never saw the "x visits remaining" tooltip...which i thought was strange but unrelated...

except on a new playthrough (i unsubscribed to ALL mods, figuring even though they were all inactive it might be wise to try it) i saw the tooltip had returned...*crosses fingers in hopes my issue was solved this way*

anomaly.png

Share this comment

alright, gotten to turn 22, but i'm still REALLY uncomfortable with that 5kg of dirt that's still there and still a real issue when it comes to cross contamination.

oxygen.png

Share this comment

Solutions:

Make a place to store this stuff make it sweep only prio 9 and seal it of by a closed door.

Take the hatchling eggs and release them into your toilet area they will only eat dirt and not the polluted dirt, the coal they release don't have germs on them.

Store it in a hot or cold place so that the germs will die off.

Store it in a place with chlorine it will kill teh germs very fast, and with the DLC radiation should also be usable to kill germs.

And there are way more ways i think?

BTW this is no way a bug it's a problem where you need some help so solve it. The only part that may be called a bug i think is that sometimes it doesn't state how much visits are left.

Edited by Upload

Share this comment

I agree with MajorFreak; this seems something like a 'bug' to me. However, I'll go into more detail as to why:

The five kilos (5kg) of regular dirt may not be contaminated when produced by the outhouse, but rather immediately contaminated by the duplicant who plunged the outhouse (and thus acquired surface germs, spreading them to anything that they subsequently haul). However, I don't know if said duplicant can be prevented from automatically collecting those 5kg of dirt (through the priorities menu or otherwise). If not, I would suggest that this is almost certainly a bug.

In any case, this problem (regardless of any workaround) seems inconsistent with the manner in which other problems are presented and resolved. As such, whenever I come back to this game, I often abandon game runs very early on because I feel like I'm wrestling with a broken game mechanic.

I really just can't believe that this kind of annoyance was intended by the developers...

Share this comment