Outhouse building marked as "Out Of Order" while otherwise stocked.

RiVeroe
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When an outhouse is cleaned the building will remain marked as "Out of Order" with no errands set to resupply or empty the building. The issue appears to be consistent - once it occurs, it will continue to occur every time that outhouse is used, even after deconstruction and replacement.

The issue only occurs immediately after one is emptied. Reloading save files can sometimes initiate a resupply errand. Disabling, then re-enabling the building can also resolve the issue.

A world save is attached. This issue has been observed on Rime, V-SFRZ-C-56991327-9WS-0.

Additionally, outhouses that are affected by this bug appear to be able to be disinfected whilst they are being used, if they can be used. This seems like anomalous behaviour as I have never noticed this happen previously, but it may be simply because I am now paying close attention after becoming aware of the bug.

I am not certain if the following information is relevant, but:

- Version: Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out! Build: U44-537329-5. 2 mods installed, 0 mods enabled, Debug disabled, Sandbox disabled.

- This world uses non-standard scheduling, and every duplicant has a schedule of their own.

- There was a period of approximately 8 cycles where a Hatch was marked for Wrangling, but no duplicants possessed the necessary skill to wrangle it; maybe this interfered with work orders or errand scheduling, but the reason for doing this was to keep track of a valuable resource. This hatch is still free, but unmarked in the save file - it is in the vicinity of the manual generator left of the printing pod in case its entity data is relevant.

- The duplicant named Abe is most likely to make a mess when this glitch occurs, and the duplicant named Nisbet is the one who tends to end up emptying the outhouse. Every time I have seen this glitch, these two duplicants were immediately involved. Abe has default scheduling (though the schedule is renamed) and Nisbet's scheduling is offset from Abe's by 6 "cycle-hours."

Rime Depths.sav

Steps to Reproduce

1) Play as normal and place an outhouse, or load the provided save and wait for the outhouse to refill. (Note that the first time the save is loaded, the outhouse bug will NOT occur, and you will have to wait for the NEXT occurence of this bug.)

2) Await the completion of an errand to empty the outhouse.

3) Check the outhouse's Status panel and note "! Out of Order" displayed under the Status box, while the Contents box reports being supplied.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

After further testing this bug appears to no longer be occuring. I cannot be sure if it was down to moving the outhouse one tile over (prior to this save file, it was one tile to the right) or reloading the game. Others have reported a similar bug with little knowledge of what causes it and I am equally unsure now.

Edit: Actually, never mind, it's happening again. Seems to be random now... At a loss, no idea what causes it. Thankfully doesn't affect bathrooms with plumbing.

Edited by RiVeroe

Share this comment

I had it occur and it resolved itself without disabling/deconstruction after a few save/load cycles.

Share this comment

I'm not sure if it's just an interaction with one of the mods I have installed or something, but I've encountered this bug on every new game I've started on Spaced Out since the recent update.

Share this comment