Oil Well

Kiros
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The Oil Well is doing alot of weird things. I have mine hooked up to an AND gate which is connected to a Wattage sensor and a Hydro sensor. When I'm watching the Oil Well it works fine, but if I leave to do something else, my Operator will go down and use the Oil Refinery next to it, causing the Wattage sensor to trip and turn off the Oil Well. When he leaves, the Oil Well should kick back on, but when it does, it does not consume water or power, or produce oil, but it does generate NatGas backpressure.

While in this bugged state, if my Operator tries to release the backpressure, he'll just stand at the machine, the game will not say he's releasing pressure, but "using" the oil well. I have to toggle the sensors my Oil Well is hooked to off and make my dupe leave, then toggle them back on in order for things to work again, but as soon as I move elsewhere in the asteroid, the bug kicks back in.

It might be caused when I adjust the Clock sensor on my Oil Refinery. When I reduce the Clock Sensor's duration to 0 while my dupe is using the Refinery, the Oil Well stops consuming water.

Steps to Reproduce

N/A

User Feedback

I have encountered a similar situation with the Oil Well. Mine was working normally until I added automation to toggle it on/off with a temperature sensor. The backpressure had hit 100%, and an Operator began depressurizing. Eventually this caused the temperature sensor to flip and disable the Oil Well, which resulted in the same behaviour you described here:

if my Operator tries to release the backpressure, he'll just stand at the machine, the game will not say he's releasing pressure, but "using" the oil well

I re-enabled the Oil Well by adjusting the tempurature sensor, and the normal depressurizing action seemed to resume.

Certainly appears to be related to when I added automation to the Oil Well. Prior to this, I had a different Operator depressurize the Oil Well without issue when there was no automation setup.

Share this comment

Same issue, was off asteroid, till suffocation notice and found dupe soft locked at oil well. Didn't move till I'd flipped the switch on the oil well.

Have automation of thermal sensor, with AND switch and signal switch.

Share this comment