[OI] Animal Trap Bugs

Reaniel
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

1. Currently, you can only catch Hatches and Slicksters with the trap.  Is this intended?  Or will other creatures become capturable later?

2. The Drop Point is available only for hatches.  There's currently no way to drop off slickters.

3. If you deconstruct the trap without taking out the animals, you will be refunded the cost of the trap, but the animal will now suspend in air in "bagged" mode (instead of escaping and become "wild" again).  You can actually still drop off a Hatch that's in this state.

4. However, it means if you used a trap on slicksters, they will be permanently bugged in the "bagged" state even if you deconstruct the trap.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Set traps on various creatures and note that only Hatch and Slickster can be bagged. 2. Build a delivery point and note that only bagged hatch is an option in the menu. 3. Deconstruct the trap while the animal is inside and note the animal is floating in the air in "bagged" state. Enable delivery for the animal and note the dupe would carry the animal to the target. Also, note the refunded material of the trap.

User Feedback

It seem to be dependant on where the drop point is built.  If it's on a natural tile, the hatch will end up in the tile right under the drop point.

But if it's built on a solid tile or something the hatch can't burrow, it'll be gone.

Share this comment

I just want to add that making other creatures capturable is quite important. Hatches are very easy to manage without traps, and slicksters aren't too bad. Traps seem like a useless mechanic if we can't capture all creatures.

Share this comment

I have also experienced my hatch disappearing completely, but I released it onto a solid tile floor. I will test dropping off on natural terrain.

Share this comment

I now have a "bagged Morb" floating stationary after deconstructing the trap. It can't be attacked either, the only action available is sweep but it doesn't work. Using destroy in the cellpainter menu will get rid of it. Copyin it with the cellpainter just creates another bagged Morb. 

20170929001848_1.thumb.jpg.677b912cfd8f7bb6211310c955217a1c.jpg

Share this comment