[OI-236679] Gas Permeable Tiles Don't Block Water

vonVile
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

Water leaks through the Gas Permeable tiles when the barrier from the sides. Water leaks in to where the Weezeworts are confined and when I dig them out and Mop more Water pours through, so the Dupes never finish Mopping and slowly empty my reservoir.

20171018002202_1.thumb.jpg.91f85d5ef3fabb4754a00e845fac91d6.jpg

As this picture shows Water is in the Gas Permeable tile, which should never happen. It should be like the Gas Permeable tiles under the reservoir and be an invisible barrier blocking liquids at all times even in this configuration.

Imploding Galaxy Cycle 88.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Save included.

User Feedback

Just so you know, there is water in the gas permeable tile because there was water in that tile whenever you built it there. Happens all the time in my bases. As far as the water leaking out, once that tile empties of water, it should be fine. I'm going to check in your save file to double check, but based on my own experiences, this is what is going on.

Edit: Seems to be something to do with the combination of gas flow with solid tiles. I've never run this set up in my build which is probably why I've never seen it/had this issue. It looks like they might need to fix the way that gas tiles 'combine' with non gas tiles.

Edited by chaos0720

Share this comment

On 10/21/2017 at 10:08 PM, chaos0720 said:

Just so you know, there is water in the gas permeable tile because there was water in that tile whenever you built it there. Happens all the time in my bases. As far as the water leaking out, once that tile empties of water, it should be fine. I'm going to check in your save file to double check, but based on my own experiences, this is what is going on

It doesn't do that though. The reservoir started out empty, but for some reason when there is only one Gas Permeable Tile the Water is strong enough to enter it. I've seen it happen tons to times, but I usually have a second GPT behind it to block the leak, so I didn't worry about it. This only made me notice the flaw because I didn't put GPT walls all around the reservoir on this new design I was testing.

Share this comment