[OI-235181] Fertilizer Maker possibly bugged storage

Byste
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

Context:

I have 4 fertilizer makers here in this save, one of them has never received polluted water (wasn't finished constructing before I turned off the pump), and three of them were running but the pump feeding their pipes was accidentally sending along clean water too, so they naturally start breaking and such. I disabled the pump, ended up reconstructing one of the fertilizer makers, and deconstructed and rebuilt a number of pipes that were holding clean water in my polluted pipe network.

On to the potential bug:

I noticed that my fertilizer makers were operating despite my pump still being disabled and all my polluted pipes were empty. I watched my fert makers for a while, confused, and then I noticed their contents: they have like 70-240 kg of polluted water stored up inside and only use 150g/s! I'm not really sure how so much polluted water got sucked up into these machines but something tells me that a machine only capable of processing 150g/s should not be able to store 240+ kg of polluted water. If this isn't a bug, sorry for wasting your time, but I figured it was worth submitting.

bugged fert maker 1.png

fert maker bug.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Build a pump in shallow polluted water mixed with clean water, connect it with pipes to a fertilizer maker, run both pieces of equipment until the pipes are saturated and the fertilizer maker has had a chance to start actually producing fertilizer, disable the pump and fertilizer maker, deconstruct the pipe segments that contain clean water, rebuild them, and I believe the fertilizer maker should contain way too much polluted water (soon, if not already).

User Feedback

I would edit this having looked back upon it after if I could, because I'm much less convinced it's a "bug" now -- it seems like these fertilizer makers, when running properly, store 450 kg of polluted water. So perhaps ignore this entire bug report, but all the same I feel it's a disproportionately large storage of polluted water relative to how much it can process per second. Cheers.

Share this comment

They make a nice caché for effluent then - sort of act like a septic tank for surge volumes. ...this is only 2.25 full bottles full of liquid per the new bottling system.

Edited by The Plum Gate

Share this comment