No Sound at All

iggzy
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I got the game yesterday and whenever I launch it I get no sound at all. All other sound on my system is working and I verified the game wasn't muted in the mixer or the in game settings. I spent about 2 hours playing and trying to fix this buy I couldn't figure out the issue. I'm tempted to try the refund on Steam since I'm just on the line for it and its just not working so hopefully someone has an idea on this.

Steps to Reproduce
Open the game and start to play. There will be no game audio at all

User Feedback

Hey @iggzy!

Would you mind posting your dxdiag for me and I can help hunt down what's going on?

Usually in these cases we suggest updating audio drivers just in case... you can try that in the mean time and see if that fixes the issue!

Share this comment

I tried updating all the drivers (my system lists a lot of audio devices so I made sure to try them all) and all of them appear to be up to date, at least as far as Windows and my own research could find. Unfortunately no change

Edited by iggzy

Share this comment

Thanks for the dxdiag, I'll take a look at this now :)

Hmm - does your monitor have a headphone output?

If so - just to help narrow down the issue would you mind setting your default audio output to your monitor and trying to plug your headphones into your monitor to see if that works?

• Like 1

Share this comment

Ok, so that actually worked. So I tried another headphone port for it than the one built into my speakers and that one seemed to work too. So it seems like it hates the audio adapter/driver that powers into my speakers. I vaguely remember this happening before a long while ago with a sound level sensing skin for Rainmeter, if you're familiar with that software, but nothing else since then. Mildly annoying that I can't just use my speakers, but it does help for sure.

Share this comment

Ah yeah, that's not ideal but I'm glad to know you can at least get it groovin' though.

Is there a website for your sound card/motherboard manufacturer you can visit? I've seen sometimes that Windows Update doesn't actually catch the latest driver updates, but there are updates available on the website. I had a similar issue that was solved by updating audio drivers, but Windows Update know about the new version.

• Like 1

Share this comment

For some reason I totally blanked on checking the motherboard manufacturer and was just searching Google by the names of the listed audio devices for drivers (docking one IT point from myself) but there was a newer one from late last month and that made it work. Thank you so much for your help!

Share this comment

Woooot! :D That makes me really glad to hear! No worries, I do the same thing all the time hahah.

Thanks for posting so I could help solve it! Hope you enjoy the game and your newfound ability to hear it! I'm the audio designer on ONI so if you ever have any sound feedback, no matter how big or small, I'm suuuuper interested in hearing it so feel free to reach out :)

Share this comment