New game - not loading

kiligamez
  • Pending

I just bought this game and when I try to load a new game it just freezes at the generating world prompt after it says "success! Space adventure awaits."

CL#208689

Steps to Reproduce
Unistall and reinstall

User Feedback

Hello @kiligamez, welcome to the forums. If possible please attach the out_log.txt file of Oxygen Not Included, so the devs can see where your game is having issues on after generation prompt ends.

In order to find your game's output_log.txt file: Right click on Oxygen Not Included on your game library > Properties > Local Files Click on Browse Local Files The file will be located in SteamApps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\output_log.txt

Cheers.

Share this comment

@kiligamez I'm not well-versed enough to pinpoint the possible causes, but it seems there's an error with regards to your steamoverlay

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF94B5A2A54)
0x00007FF94B5A2A54 (gameoverlayrenderer64) 
0x00007FF94B5E1C9C (gameoverlayrenderer64) SteamOverlayIsUsingMouse
0x00007FF94B5E377E (gameoverlayrenderer64) SteamOverlayIsUsingMouse
0x00007FF94B5C0B0D (gameoverlayrenderer64) OverlayHookD3D3

Now I do not know if it'll fix it but try and disable steamoverlay for Oxygen Not Included. To do so (while ONI is closed), Right Click ONI > Properties > Uncheck "Enable Steam Overlay while in-game" > Close > Start Up ONI

Then check if it works. If not, attach the new output_log.txt after trying the method. If my suggestion didn't work, I guess we'll have to wait on the devs to see your post, I'm sorry. Cheers.

Share this comment

I'm having almost the same problem to. Just bought the alpha and when I go to open it a message (Picture). Then when I go to click 'OK' it goes to a black screen, a second click gets a white screen and a third brings me to a pop up saying that this program is not working, the it goes back to the Oxygen Not Included page like nothing ever happened.

20170314_151954.jpg

Edited by ConfusedMichaela
Added the picture to the text and it didn't show up. So I switched it to the attatchment area.

Share this comment

Guys @kiligamez @ConfusedMichaela (welcome to the forums, btw Michaela).

Can you attach the contents of your crash report folder (named 2017-03-14_151852 for ConfusedMichaela and the folder named 2017-03-14-121144 for kiligamez) that the game generated when it crashed?

I haven't had any crash reports of that kinds so I don't know the contents of those auto-generated folders. Try and attach them if you can in your next replies.

Share this comment

How may I find said crash report folder. For as my name says I get confused; I have never had the opportunity to locate a crash folder before :)

Share this comment

Sorry @ConfusedMichaela for lacking information, you should be able to find the auto-generated crash report folder by following the method below:

• On Steam, right click Oxygen Not Included
  • Go to Properties, and under the Local Files Tab click Browse Local Files
  • Then a window will open

The crash report folder should be there I believe beside the executable called "OxygenNotIncluded.exe", again I do not know what the contents are of these auto-generated folders so attach them to your next reply if you can.

Share this comment