Naptha liquid is not moved

Miften
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi!

Unfortunatley my screenshots are deleted - I did not know that Steam does not save the screenshot automatically so I need to explain what I think is a bug.

So I have build crude oil evaporator using magma on bottom of the map. It works simply to convert crude oil using magma to natural gas and export it to surface.

I wanted to "pump out" some CO2 from the room outside so I have decided to build temporary small gas pump in this room - I just did not pay atention to pump melting temperature and the pump has melted instantly - and I did not notice that it has changed into "naptha" liquid.

Much later when I have started the room my crude oil was behaving strange - instead of dripping to magma it was pilling up on one side of room.

A sketch - due to lost printscreen

(here is supply of crude oil)

XXXXXXX(crude oil 400kg)XXX

xxxxxxx(crude oil-400g)xxxxxxxxx 0000(naptha-4000g)0000 XXXXXXX(crude oil 400kg)XXX

_____________(gold metal plates)_________________________________________

_____

MAGMA

So what  I think a bug is - the 400kg of crude oil was stacking up on right side of room and was unable to move small puddle of naptha to the left where it would fall to hot metal plate and evaporate. I was really thinking is the liquid mechanic soo strange in ONI? When I did notice that between my dripping point and mountain of crude oil is this naptha - I did send my dupe inside, to wipe it out - when naptha was gone from this two tiles the oil was moving as it was designed - from right side of room to the left side of room.

TL;DR

Liquid cannot move other liquid in horizontal axis - on vertical axis all works ok.

I will look thru my save games to find proper save maybe it is not lost.

If its unclear please ask questions!

Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
- flat surface - on middle is naptha and it will not be moved by crude oil - instead crude oil will start to pile up into a "mountain"

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.