Mushroom is picked up 5.7 mg at a time

Satyrical
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I am trying to cook fried mushroom by adding a one-time recipe (not continuous), but my auto-sweeper is picking it up 5.7 mg at a time and transferring to the grill. 

I attempted restarting the game but the issue persisted. It was only when I set the fried mushroom recipe to continuous that the auto-sweeper picked up the whole mushroom.  

The Lamentable Crashpad.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Using my save file, try to add a recipe to cook a single fried mushroom (not continuous). The auto-sweeper transfers mushroom in tiny stacks making it impossible to cook the mushroom.

User Feedback

I have the same problem with a chef in Cosmic who cannot pick up farm plot grown mushroom which has been in the grill and unloaded because he gets 596mcg each time he tries, see screenshot. He also cannot cook it to make fried mushroom under any circumstances, either +1 or continuous. 

He can pick it up to sweep it to a food locker or pick it up from the locker to deliver it to the grill but in the grill it will not cook and once unloaded 

This was once one of two mushroom portions both 1000g. The other was waiting in the grill so long it went stale. This one was in storage in CO2. The cook would not cook fried mushroom but would happily make omelettes the moment he was asked.

My conclusion is there is something wrong with the mushroom which means he cannot use it. I wondered if it was the numbers since the grill ingredients list asks for 2400kcal / 2400kcal ie a zero range. Whereas other recipes have a range value >1 on top of that the other recipes vary between asking for kcal and weights e.g. 1000g / 3000g for the omelette. I am not sure if that explains why it is broken trying to pick it up from the ground to deliver it to the grill, if the recipe's desired weight check code was self contradictory (maybe a less than instead of a less than or equal argument) it might block delivery. 

I will keep testing this to see if I can add more info. I am including a game save where the bug is active on reload.

mushroom bug01.jpg

UT 183 mushroom bug.sav

Edited by frogglebunwich

Share this comment

Further testing showed that if I gathered a pile of 3000g of raw mushrooms the cook would be able to process 2000g into fried mushroom but the final 1000g would not process. I think there is either a logic error with the quantity needed for the task or a rounding error involved and the quantity is really a tiny amount less than 1000g. This somehow breaks any attempt to fetch the mushroom direct to the grill from the floor but it can still be moved from storage.

Edited by frogglebunwich

Share this comment