Move Object command to same location reuses mass of first object moved

Zarquan
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I was moving objects out of an area (love the command, 10/10 for convenience), including 300 g of bottled naphtha and 800 kg ceramic from the same location to the same location.  One of my dupes came by and first moved the 300 g naphtha and then started running back and forth moving the ceramic 300 g at a time, despite easily having the carrying capacity to move all 800 kg in one go.  I used the dupe Move To command to order a dupe to interrupt the command and he came back to move all 798.8 kg remaining ceramic in one go. 

I don't know if this has to do with starting in the same place or ending at the same place or a combination of the two, but I suspect it is just about the destination.

I don't have a save, but I think is is fairly common.  I believe I saw this happen elsewhere in scenarios.

I do have some mods running, but I don't think any of them would effect the new Move Object command.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Have a 300 g bottle of naphtha and a 800 kg ceramic debris on the same tile
  2. Order the 300 g bottle of naphtha to be moved to a location
  3. Order the 800 kg ceramic to be moved to the same location
  4. Wait to see if the dupe moves the naphtha first
  5. Watch the dupe move the ceramic in 300 g chunks.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I would add that this bug could waste a ton of duplicant time, as in the example above, it would take 2667 trips to move the 800 kg of ceramic.

Share this comment