Modding and Secondary Input/Output Ports

Sanchozz
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

Hello. Recently I was developing a new mod, and noticed a strange phenomenon. I consider it necessary to report him.

So, the four components in their respective methods, incorrectly calculate the I/O cell, if they are configured to use a secondary port, this port has a non-zero offset, and the building is rotated or flipped.

• ConduitConsumer.GetInputCell
  • ConduitDispenser.GetOutputCell
  • SolidConduitConsumer.GetInputCell
  • SolidConduitDispenser.GetOutputCell

In an unmodified game, the problem does not manifest itself, for the simple reason that there is no such building that simultaneously has a secondary port and can be rotated or flipped.

But if we try to add such a building, the following will happen:

secondary_ports_bug.gif.82747e82a89aa873ac2f9090846d1360.gif

On the left is a non-flipped building, on the right is an flipped building. As you can see, liquid chunks appear and disappear in an unexpected place in the wrong pipe.

Let's take a look, for example, at the decompiled code of method ConduitDispenser.GetOutputCell

private int GetOutputCell(ConduitType outputConduitType)
{
	Building building = GetComponent<Building>();
	if (useSecondaryOutput)
	{
		ISecondaryOutput[] components = GetComponents<ISecondaryOutput>();
		foreach (ISecondaryOutput secondaryOutput in components)
		{
			if (secondaryOutput.HasSecondaryConduitType(outputConduitType))
			{
				return Grid.OffsetCell(building.NaturalBuildingCell(), secondaryOutput.GetSecondaryConduitOffset(outputConduitType));
			}
		}
		return Grid.OffsetCell(building.NaturalBuildingCell(), components[0].GetSecondaryConduitOffset(outputConduitType));
	}
	return building.GetUtilityOutputCell();
}

My suggestion is to fix the code as follows, add building.GetRotatedOffset call:

private int GetOutputCell(ConduitType outputConduitType)
{
	Building building = GetComponent<Building>();
	if (useSecondaryOutput)
	{
		ISecondaryOutput[] components = GetComponents<ISecondaryOutput>();
		foreach (ISecondaryOutput secondaryOutput in components)
		{
			if (secondaryOutput.HasSecondaryConduitType(outputConduitType))
			{
				return Grid.OffsetCell(building.NaturalBuildingCell(), building.GetRotatedOffset(secondaryOutput.GetSecondaryConduitOffset(outputConduitType)));
			}
		}
		return Grid.OffsetCell(building.NaturalBuildingCell(), building.GetRotatedOffset(components[0].GetSecondaryConduitOffset(outputConduitType)));
	}
	return building.GetUtilityOutputCell();
}

Similarly, all four methods of the four components should be fixed. Then everything will be according to Feng Shui

PS. of course, in my mod, I can easily make a patch to fix this. But if there is another modder who also wants to add a rotatable building with secondary ports, and also makes his own patch, then an inter-mod conflict with unpredictable consequences is possible.

2021-12-15_12-56-47.mkv

Steps to Reproduce

1. Just add a new rotatable building with secondary ports with a non-zero offset, and components ConduitConsumer / ConduitDispenser / SolidConduitConsumer / SolidConduitDispenser.

2. look what happened.

• Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.