Meteor keep falling after end of meteor shower (~60s)

GDP
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Hi

I'm playing ONI - Standard game, no DLC, no mods.

I've been setting up a classic space scanner + robominer + Sweeper + dispensers. It's been working quite well in my previous playthrough.

However, since whathablast, I see meteors falling after the end of the meteor shower, causing damage on my otherwise fully automated design

If needed, I can post a picture of the meteor while the space scanners don't detect anything and the "background animation" of meteor shower (kinda shooting starts in the background) are gone. 

Am I the only one experiencing this ?

King regards, Guillaume

2023-04-22_18h06_03.png

Steps to Reproduce
  • Load any game
  • Wait for meteor shower
  • Wait for the end of meteor shower
  • Watch a meteor falling after the meteor shower is over. 
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Yes - that's what I ended up doing (Filter, 15s). It worked - to some extend. I need to validate this on the long run - I have a feeling that I still see rarely occuring late meteors (~1 min after the end of the shower).

But I'll wait before I see an actual occurence to post back here. 

Thx !

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Here is a confirmation. Even after adding a 15 second filter gate before bunker doors reopens, around 40 seconds after games reopen, a small meteor falls in and damage my system. I added an alarm to detect the end of the meteor shower and take this screenshot :)

Of course I could add a 60 second filter gate instead of 15. But still this looks  like a bug that needs fixing.

I added a more obvious example showing a meteor falling, with scanners not detecting anything (red signal) and bunker doors fully opened (so at least 35 seconds)

Do you need more data for reproduction ? 

Kind regards, Guillaume

2023-04-24_22h37_06.png

image.thumb.png.e1bd414c3de5c1a48d3d3275a609702e.png

Edited by GDP

Share this comment

Same issue over here. At first I thought there was a problem with my setup. (ONI is like KSP, if everything goes according to plan, you are doing it wrong! :P)  But then, I saw a meteor fall roughly 30 seconds after the end of the shower, and then another one a rougly 50 seconds after the end.  It's not all that frequent it seems, but oh so game breaking :( (At least the "space" part of the game.).

Edited by Mastermindx

Share this comment

Ok so I think that bug is fixed - that's cool

But this update had another side effect: using the same design, I have a map coverage over 50%, so my space scanner network detect things 200s in advance. Thus my bunker doors close. 

However, as soon as the bunker doors are closed, the space scanners loose their visibilty to the sky, and - that is new - the space scanners now think that no meteor shower is happening ! So the door reopen again... And then as soon as the doors are fully open, the space scanners resume their visibility and immediately reorder them to close. 

However, the space scanners give a green signal DURING the meteor shower - even with their line of sky obstructed. So this is not a very logical behavior...

I guess this can be fixed with automation though (Space scanner signal => pulse generator => 200s buffer gate => OR with output of the space scanner)

But it's cumbersome

Anyone else seen this ?

Share this comment

So from the latest "Song of the moo" update, this has been fixed

• When a Space Scanner detects an object or meteor shower in advance, it will stay green until the object has arrived or the meteor shower ends.

Thank you !!!!

Share this comment