Massive Memory Leak

nykal145
  • Pending

Something in the code is causing massive memory leak, after playing this game for a few hours I notice my physical memory and CPU being taxed to almost 100% compared to the 10-15% when I first start to play.

I'm using windows 7, and if you would like more details about my machine feel free to pm me. Loving the game so far, just needs a bit more optimization, it was so bad during my last gaming session that it almost cased a hard system crash and would have had I not ended every single process directly.

Steps to Reproduce
Play the game for 4+ hours in one sitting

User Feedback

I can confirm this. after longer period o playing, around 3-4 hours, game eats 8+ Gb of system memory.

Cpu goes around 60-80%.

I was on cycle 50, having 10 dupes.

Share this comment

Yes i have the same problem for about the first 30 min it stays around 9-20% Cpu usage and around 350mb of ram then starts creeaping up and around 2-3 hours its eating around 5000mb of my 8mb ram and using around 50-75% Cpu 

CPU Intel(R) Core(tm) I5-2300 @2.8 GHZ Ram 8MB Video Nvidia GeForce GTX 950

does not depend on any cycles starts from launch of game but am at cycle 280+ and 5 dupes

Edited by shinokaneac

Share this comment

Unfortunately it looks like resources are not being unloaded properly when loading up worlds, and when switching between the different layer views. Our team is looking into the issue and hopes to have it addressed soon.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I had exactly the same memory leak problem on W7 64 on the THERMAL UPGRADE, and this happening even if you are pausing the game !!!
My game was < 7.5Gigs after 12h paused.
Reloading doesnt delete memory the leak, you MUST close ONI and reload yoursavedata.
My savedata after reloading the game was 1.GIg
I did not experience CPU rising when 'long pausing game', but one thread was maxed and all the game was very slow ...

Share this comment