Magma doesn't flow

Extremely
  • Pending

magma not flowing. A small amount of it did but there's a lot that's just sitting there not moving or doing anything. Not sure if this is intended or not, but since magma is a liquid i assume this is a bug. The magma in this screenshot has sat like that for 10 minutes.

magmanotflowing.png

Steps to Reproduce
dig down to magma. build an open space on the side and remove the blocks blocking magma flow.

User Feedback

On 3/16/2017 at 3:29 AM, Blas88 said:

Looks like its cooling down to incendiary rock.

Tho its hard to tell from only this picture.

as you can see from the picture though, there's magma sitting at a level above where i made the hole and it's not flowing at all. On the far left. Water would flow until all water levels were level with the bottom of the hole i made, but the magma is not. Unless this is intended.

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, Blas88 said:

@Extremely Could you upload the save file?

Unfortunately I didn't save it when i took the ss because soon after I had about 8 dupes die due to the cook deciding to idle instead of make food. The save takes me back around 40 cycles, way before i built into that area.

Share this comment

Well, magma is a hell of a lot denser than water. Although it may be a bug, it's semi-realistic (it should realistically still flow through to some degree, however).

Also, I didn't even know you could reach magma. I always thought it was completely surrounded by neutronium.

Share this comment